Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Go-To Fall/Winter Look!

Be A...Bombshell Liner in Onyx, Wet N' Wild Lipstick in Dark Wine (applied on lip balm with a lip brush)
I am obsessed with black winged liner with any lip look, but for fall it is awesome with a nice wine or red lipstick. I wear this look to the store, to work, any where! It's simple enough to wear casually, and classic enough to dress up for those holiday parties.

Tips for this Look:

  • Use a Lip Liner!  Not only do you want the bold lip to last all day, but smudging must be avoided to keep a put-together look.  I use a nude liner for all my lipsticks from Rimmel London (color: Eastend Snob).  Check out the make-up aisles at your local drugstore to see what's in your price range. Even the cheapest of make-up can go a long way when combined with your favorite lip balm.
  • Picking the Right Red:  Be conscious of the undertones in the red lip you pick. When possible, swatch the lipsticks on your hand to see what shades compliment your skin tone. Also, decide if you want a dark, purple-toned color for the vampy look, or a mid-toned red for a Midnight in Paris vibe.
  • Felt-Tip FTW:  If you struggle with drawing your winged liner, try a felt tip! I've tried felt-tip liners from Ulta, NYX, Marbella, Eyeko and Be A...Bombshell. I have really enjoyed all of them, and for now, I don't have a favorite. (Especially since the latter 3 liners were received in recent months through Birchbox and Glam Bag). The marker-like applicator makes it easy to make that perfect point and fill-in the upper lash line.
  • Best Shape for You: It may take some practice and playing with your liner to find your favorite winged look. For me, the easiest (and most flattering) line is when I draw from my outer corner toward the edge of my eyebrow. Obsessed.
  • Watch the Lid: It depends what style you're going for, but generally for day I like to keep my lid clean with a swipe of MAC paint pot in Bare Study or just a eye primer with a light shade, such as CoverGirl French Vanilla single eye shadow. If you'd like a little more definition, add a light brown shade in to your crease with a fluffy crease brush (I like Buck and Naked from the Urban Decay Naked Palette). For a more intense look, add super shine to your lid color, such as Rimmel's Glam Ice single shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment