Monday, December 30, 2013

Highlights of 2013.

Just a few a my favorite memories of 2013.
  • I found my new home church after going to the same church all of my life and then church hopping for months.  I knew the first service I attended. 
  • I attended ZTA Mother/Daughter day with my mom.
  • I saw Maroon 5 in concert.
  • I met one of my favorite bands Parachute and saw them in concert.
  • I was inducted into two honor societies: Lambda Pi Eta and Kappa Tau Alpha.
  • I got a Little sister in my sorority.
  • I went to Kansas City for a regional gathering of my sorority. 
  • I finished three years in an organization that challenged me and allowed me many wonderful opportunities and lasting friendships.
  • I was interviewed on the local news station after sitting in on a Warren Buffet live interview.
  • I took the trip of a lifetime to London, England.  I visited Oxford, Cambridge, Windsor, Warwick Castle and Stratford upon Avon as well.  Seven months later, and I still can't believe that really happened. 
  • I watched every single episode of The Office from start to finish, all nine seasons. 
  • I saw Justin Bieber in concert.
  • I became Director of Social Events for my sorority.
  • I saw Martina McBride in concert, for free.
  • I represented my sorority during formal recruitment, my first and last year on chapter side. I designed the Facebook graphics and the name tags for each night. I also pref'd my rush crush, who joined my chapter. (Crossed this off my senior year bucket list).
  • I went "back to school" for the last time, as I started my last year of college.
  • I saw Florida Georgia Line in concert.
  • I got a weekly show on the campus radio station, dream fulfilled from my freshman year of college. (Another item crossed off my senior year bucket list).
  • I turned 21 years old and only had Shirley Temples to drink in celebration. I also learned the taste of alcohol is disgusting, and I am grateful I have no desire to drink.
  • I fulfilled my dream of designing a published CD cover.
  • I planned a very successful Date Party and Formal for my position in my sor ority.  90s-themed Date Party and Royal Affair themed Formal.
  • I joined an awesome bible study with mostly girls I barely knew, and loved every minute.
  • I went to a stereotypical fraternity sponsored Toga party. 
  • I got a grand-little in my sorority.
  • I saw Brett Eldridge in concert and met him before the concert. He threw what he knew for ZTA.
  • I celebrated my three year anniversary at my job.
  • I handed out roses to the survivors at the finish line at Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure.
  • I got pied in the face for a $20 donation to breast cancer awareness and education.
  • I received the Emerging Violet award at my sorority's formal.
  • I ran a mile without stopping for the first time in my life.
  • I saw Hunter Hayes in concert.
  • I attended ZTA Father/Daughter Day with my dad.
  • I met Tyler Oakley.
  • The Jonas Brothers broke up officially.  Yes, this deserves a place on this list.
  • I volunteered as an assistant wedding coordinator and member of the creative team at my church.
  • I got "#1 Fan" award for my sorority's intramurals. Can't play, but I can cheer.
  • I laughed, I cried, I learned a lot, grew a lot in my relationship with God, gained so many amazing friends and made amazing memories.  Oh, and did I mention I went to London?
  • London, England
A Royal Affair: ZTA Formal 2013
Race for the Cure 2013
ZTA Father Daughter Day 2013
After getting pied for Think Pink Week

The CD cover I designed
Interviewed on local news about Warren Buffet

Sorority Recruitment 2013

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes. Romans 1:16

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
Hebrews 6:19

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment