Monday, July 1, 2013

Top 10: June Favorites!




    Welp, two months of summer vacation have passed, and while I'm not entirely stoked to start classes in a little over a month, I am thoroughly embracing all things summer. Check out my top ten favorite things for June after the jump!




















     

    ONE | Maxi Dresses: Obsessed.  I found this strapless maxi dress in turquoise and black on clearance at Old Navy.  These are so versatile! I wear them with cardigans, belts, long necklaces, wedges, or sandals... or any combination.  They are great for church, work, and casual days. All around summer win.

    TWO |  River Island Anchor Necklace: 
    Yes, another London purchase.  I have loved anchors for ages and when I saw this I had to have it.  It's the perfect piece to add that nautical flare to any outfit.  I especially love wearing it with my maxi dresses.  

    THREE | Pink Bow Flip-Flops: 
    Who knew I was SO girly?! I found these at Gordmans for $7.  They are really fun for days I want to be slightly more fabulous than my trusty Old Navy flip flops. Also, they fit wide feet well. 

    FOUR | Bow Headbands: 
    Apparently I am all about bows these days. For times when all I want to do is throw my hair up (in the air sometimes...singing EHHH OHH, gotta LETTT GOOO) but still look cute and put together, a little bow headband is the perfect solution.  They are girly and something a little different.  I always get compliments when I wear them.


    FIVE | Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation:
    This is the first foundation I have ever purchased for myself and it's fantastic.  It's light coverage, which I love because I don't want to cover up my freckles.  It is also moisturizing and lasts well without looking cake-y.  It works awesome paired with the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder as well. 

    SIX | Banana Boat Sunscreen Stick:
    Definition of a summer essential.  This goes on clear and is super easy to apply without a mirror for any unexpected time outside. With my fair skin, I've learned to never leave the house without this.  It's not super greasy and works like a charm at preventing sunburns.

    SEVEN | My Glam Lipgloss in 02:
    I received this in a Glam Bag last summer and wore it maybe once before I threw it in with my other glosses and forgot about it. I pulled it out this month and can't believe I haven't worn it more! It is the perfect pop of reddish pink that is flattering with neutral or no makeup on.  I would wear this with almost any look this summer.

    EIGHT | Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil:
    This smells EXACTLY like the Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher (or Refresha, if you're in England).  It's uncanny.  This has been my go-to balm before bed and while I'm doing my makeup. It's a lot smoother than the original Burt's Bees, which is nice.




    NINE | Sleek Storm Palette: 
    I used these on my friends Katy and Killian in London and have been using it personally throughout the month for gorgeous summer looks.  The colors are so smooth and it has a great mix of matte and shimmery shades. 

    TEN | Barry M Gel Nail Polish in Greenberry:
     I have been obsessed with this color!  It looks great on the fingers and toes, especially in the sunlight.  I am especially loving it on my toes right now as it is an awesome pop of color against any sandal.
     
    That sums up my top ten favorites things from June.  Thanks for reading! Here's to a festive and fun in the sun-filled July! :)


    "We have this love as an anchor for the soul: firm and secure."
    --Hebrews 6:19

    -Jenae

    No comments:

    Post a Comment